Jun 15, 2011

Remove Content Advisory in Outlook 2003


This morning I transfered the email account and email messages
from one computer to another computer. After I transfered the
email account and messages, I started up the Outlook 2003 and
began to open each folder. When I open the folder, Content
Advisory pop up and ask for password to allow viewing of
email messages on that folder.

Here are the reasons.
1.The Content Advisory of Internet Explorer is enabled.
2.HTML is the format used in email messages of Outlook 2003
   that is why Content advisory appear when you open a folder
   in Outlook 2003.

I tried to type password but unfortunately all my password are
not accepted. I open the Internet Explorer and click the internet
option to change the settings. But when I tried to disable the
content advisory, it ask for password. That is a problem to me
because I do not have a password. Here is the solution I made.

1.I disabled the content advisory in Registry Editor. Click Start,
   choose Run and type "regedit".
2. Click OK button and the registry editor will appear.
3. Navigate the key written below.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\policies\Ratings\.Default
4. At the right pane, double click the Enabled and change the
value to zero(0) .
5. Exit the Registry Editor and start the Outlook 2003.
These procedure will disable the Content Advisory and it will
not appear again when you open the folder in Outlook 2003.


0 comments:

Post a Comment