Jun 29, 2011

Fixing duplicate incoming e-mail messages in Outlook 2003


Problem
Two of my network users encounter problem in receiving
e-mail messages. One of them receives 3 duplicate e-mail
from one sender. The other one receives hundreds of
duplicate e-mail from one sender. I check the settings of
their Microsoft Outlook and I notice there are lots of
message rules created for one sender. If there is a duplicate
message rules for one sender, you will also receive duplicate
e-mail message. I delete those duplicate rules. After that, they
now receive only one copy of e-mail message from one sender.


Solution
Check if there are duplicate rules and alerts created for
particular sender.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007, click Tools and
    choose Rules and Alert.

  














2. When Rules and Alert dialog box pop up, look for duplicate
     rules. Delete that rules and leave only one for that sender.

   




















3. Close the Rules and Alerts dialog box and click Send/Receive
    button to receive new e-mail messages.

This solution works for me everytime I encounter this problem
with in my network. Hope it work on you too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment