May 1, 2011

Usb device does not show up in My Computer?


Have you experience to plug in your Flash drive or any usb device in your computer and it doesn't show up in my computer?

Recently I experience this problem.I plug in my Flash drive, then it was detected by my pc. Unfortunately, I can't see any removable storage in my computer. I plug in my Flash drive in other pc but it was detected and showed up in my computer. It means that there is a problem in my pc. I search the internet to fix this problem and find a solution for that problem. Here are the steps.

Procedure:
 1. If you are using Windows XP, Click Start and click Run.
     If you are using Vista/Windows 7, click the Windows Logo at the bottom left.


2. Type regedit, then press Enter

3. Registry Editor will pop up.Navigate to the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices

4.Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices there will
   be registry keys with the name  that resembles the format of \DosDevice\E:
    where E can be any alphabet letter which corresponding  to your physical system
    drive letter. Normally storage devices use E or F depending on how many partition
    you have in your hard disk.
  

5. Delete the DosDevice\E: registry keys that represent any USB or FireWire
    storages devices connected on the system before.

6. Now insert and plug in the USB or FireWire device into the port again. The
    drive letter for the USB and   FireWire should now appear and you can use
    the drive normally again. If this procedure won't solve your problem, kindly
    post a comment here and i will give you the other solution.

0 comments:

Post a Comment