May 31, 2011

Electronic Projector display no signal?


Scenario:
I set up computer in our conference room. I plug the electronic projector
cable to the dedicated video card. I turn on the electronic projector first
and then the computer. After a few minutes, the electronic projector
did not display anything even the booting up of the computer. It only display
no signal. I check the cables and restart the computer again. But it only
display no signal. It sounds like there is a problem, its either the computer
or the electronic projector. This is the procedure I made.

1. I check the electronic projector if it search automatically the computer
    that was connected to it. I press the search  button on it then restart
    again the computer. But nothing happen.

2. I think that there might be a problem in the computer. I suspected
    that there is a problem in my dedicated video card. That's why
    I open up the case of the computer and check the video card.
    I notice that there is a blown capacitor on it. I removed the
    video card and plug the vga cable into the built in vga adapter
   of the motherboard. I turn on the computer and now it boots up
   normally. The electronic projector is display the Windows operating
   system.

  Look at the picture below. This is the capacitor I have seen in my
  video card.


0 comments:

Post a Comment