May 20, 2011

Causes of Blue Screen problems


Blue Screen is also known as Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). It is called Blue
Screen because it display only blue color in computer monitor with its error
message when the operating system of the computer experiencing a problem
with its software or hard. BSoD also display the possible reason why its
happening to your computer. BSoD appears when there is incompatible
software and hardware that was installed in the computer.















<


Here are some possible causes of BSoD.

Defective Power Supply Due to over heat.

         Someone called me up from HR Department and told me that
her computer monitor display only blue color with error message. As,
I went to check her computer, all I can see in her monitor was BSoD 
error.

I open the system unit and look for any possible reason why this error
appeared. I touched the power supply  inside the system unit and 
it feels so hot. I removed the power supply from system unit and open it 
up. The two fans of power supply was already stock up. That's the time
I decided to replace it with the new one and install it. When I turn on the
computer, the BSoD is now gone. I concluded that power supply cannot
supply the electricity needed by the computer to function normally that is 
BSoD comes up. 

Incompatible Memory Module
            I installed additional  memory to one of our computer in our
production office to upgrade it. I turned on the computer and BSoD displayed
on monitor. I suspected that the cause of BSoD was the memory I have installed.
I remove the memory and turn on the computer. The BSoD  is gone. It means
that the memory I installed was not compatible to the motherboard.


Hope my experience regarding BSoD will help you to identify the problem
that trigger the BSoD error.

0 comments:

Post a Comment